X-files News

David Duchovny was talking again this weekend about the upcoming return of the X-Files. The six-part series hasn't been given an air-date, but its expected as a mid-season filler next January. The limited number of episode is part of what made it appealing to Duchovny.

"Six to me sounds very doable at any walk of my life. It's not a great hardship in terms of time. I would hope it will be successful, I would hope we could continue, but right now, I'm just looking at it, as these six, and then we'll see what happens.

I would never have gone and done another 22 episodes of X Files, but we're going to do six, well, that's like doing a movie. That's like continuing the show in a way that we all can do at this point in our lives so that's it all came about.

Television started to change in that now there are limited runs. I think it's the way the networks have to survive in the future. I think you can attract the talent you want by having a shorter season and you can tell more interesting stories."

Duchovny admits that he may have misspoken when he said recently that Skinner and Cigarette-Smoking Man would be back for the show. Now he is saying that  he's not certain if William B. Davis and Mitch Pileggi will return "I'm not even sure they're signed up yet."

Comments