Pirates Review


I had two viewings of the film and I must say it was quite enjoyable. There is not wiz bang start and I have heard complaints about that, but this is Pirates not Star Wars. The fight scenes are there the love scenes are filled with tension and fights. Watch what happens when miss Swan kisses someone. :)

What I love about films with a fan base, are the people that show up in costume. I went to the downtown cinema and there was one girl in a brocade jacket but the next night I went out to Silver City and there was a group of costumed players. Jack (really good, spotted the walk right off, Elizabeth, Will and Barbosa, Norrington. Turns out this group is advertising for the Victoria Pirate Festival 2008. On top of that they've made a few fan films that can all be seen at Potc-Vids or below.

Back to the film... well worth admission, and stay to the very end to see the after trailer scene.

5star

Comments